- The Ozark Foothills Literacy Project presents the 4th annual multisport event, the "Bad Boy Kids Splash & Dash for Literacy" and the 1st "Bad Boy Super Sprint Adult Triathlon for Literacy" to be held at Lyon College in Batesville, AR, on Saturday, July 11, 2012. The Splash & Dash is open to ages 5-18, and the Super Sprint Tri is a USAT sanctioned event open to 18+.
- Each athlete will receive a fun T-shirt and finishers tokens. Awards will be given to the top finishers in each age group (male and female).
- The Kids Splash & Dash allows young athletes a fun and safe way to experience the excitement of a multi-sport event. This will be a morning of friendly competition and physical activity that can lead to a lifetime of fitness. An athlete's age group is determined by the age the athlete will be on December 31, 2015. This event is designed for young athletes only. Parents may not accompany their child on any portion of the race and MUST adhere to any roped off areas or their child will be disqualified.
- The Splash & Dash will consist of swimming, followed by a transition to running. NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY. Participants do not need to be in a club to participate in the event, but must be able to safely participate in both sports to compete.
- It is the responsibility of the parent and child to review the course prior to the event. Maps will be available in the race packet. There will be visual directions given prior to the swimming portion, and volunteers will guide the athletes on the running course.
- The cost of the Splash & Dash is $20.00 through July 10, 2015. Online registration is available up to Friday, July 10 at 5:00p. Mail-in registration must be postmarked no later than July 5, 2015. Race day registration will be $25.00. There will be no refunds of registrations.
- Check-in/registration will open at 6:30 am on July 11, and will close at 8:30. The first race will begin promptly at 9:00 am.
SPLASH & DASH INFO: